As an expression of the love of Jesus we believe the following core values to be central to what our church ought to be. We also believe that when these core values are implemented and followed, our church will be a growing, healthy community of Christ followers. Therefore we value:
- Inspiring Worship Services – We will pursue authentic and relevant worship that creates moments of transformation and wonder. The liturgy, music, and method of communicating the message will change as time and circumstances require.
- Holistic Small Groups – We will be a church of small groups. Discipling people happens best in small groups which incorporate the dimensions of learning from God’s word, sharing openly our hearts with one another, and serving as Christ served.
- Empowering Leadership – Our leaders will empower members for the ministries. They will equip, support, encourage, and mentor. Members in turn will support, empower, and encourage their leaders to lead.
- Functional Structures – We will develop structures that promote an ongoing multiplication of the ministry. The structures will change as times and circumstances require.
- Gift-Oriented Ministry – The body of Christ functions best when each member is committed to using the gifts which God has uniquely blessed them with and to use them in ways that complement the gifts of others, so that the church can accomplish its mission in Christ.
- Need-Oriented Evangelism – We will develop programs and structures which focus on the questions and needs of non-Christians. Members will be encouraged to use their gifts to serve non-Christians with whom they have a personal relationship.
- Loving Relationships – People do not want to hear us talk about love, they want to experience how Christian love really works. Love is experienced through hospitality, laughter, giving, serving, and small groups.
- Passionate Spirituality – Members will seek to live lives that are fully devoted to Christ, practicing their faith with joy and enthusiasm.